I have developed a suite of tools for monitoring and managing BIND on Windows. These tools provide the following functionality:
- Automatically upload the BIND query log into a Microsoft SQL Server database every ten minutes
- Actively refresh common FQDNs to minimise response lag
- Provide statistical analysis on “Bad Clients” to try and identify DDoS attackers or victims
- Dynamically create Windows Firewall rules to quickly reduce these DDoS attacks
- Provide reports and other useful statistics on BIND server usage (eg queries per day).
- Create a daily archive of the BIND query log
This software is provided without any guarantee express or implied. Use at your own risk.